Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Mark your calendars weekend rides are here



Hello Team,
I hope you had a great weekend. The Saturday morning ride was super fantastic! Crisp clear weather, dry roads, and low traffic made for a great time on the bike. Over the next 2-3 months I would like to schedule a couple of team rides. Team rides are a great time to get to know each other, get into shape and learn new routes. They are also a great time to learn bike handling skills, basic maintenance and upkeep etc...
Michelle and I wanted to propose to you all that we arrange for 3 team rides.
20-25 ride in late April /early May,
40-45 mile ride in mid to late May and a
60-65 mile ride in early June.
20-25 mile ride West of Boston - APRIL 28th (APRIL 29th rain day) We can use my house as pit stop / watering hole and there are support vehicles in case of break down.
40-45 mile ride South shore -MAY 12th - (NO RAIN DAY /May 13th is mothers day) Michelle volunteered the Lambert estate as a meeting point / watering hole.
60-65 mile ride Cape Cod - JUNE 2nd - (JUNE 3rd rain day) Beers and Barbque to follow. I think it is key to experiment with a ride that mimics the actual ride in length to sort out your nutrition, bike set up etc.... We can use my parents house in Chatham as a watering hole.
I know many of you may not be early risers (on weekends specially) but I would strongly recommend early starts for all of these rides so that we are exposed to less road traffic. Rain days would only be used in the case of major rain. A few showers would not stop the riding. Let me know what you think of these dates and ride locations.
As we get closer to these dates I will post ride cue sheets.
I look forward to riding with all of you!
Miguel

No comments: